Hi from Doncaster

ray

Oct 19, 2012
Doncaster
Hi all

I have been a member for a little while (to get the L1 service manual initially) but only just got round to posting.

I have always rode bikes for the last 25 years and currently have the two. Might look a strange pair but when you ride both it makes perfect sense. One, the Kawi Z1000SX for the longer journeys and when the old pillion needs a ride, and the other, my GSXR 600 L1 for the fun fun fun rides.

Always had ZX6-Rs up till June last year when I decided to switch to the GSXR after a test ride at the local dealer. I have to say its an excellent handling and comfortable bike and really comes into its own in the corners. My perfect GSXR though would be the L1 but with the L0 front headlight arrangement. I'm getting used to the L1 front but its just not quite as mean and modern looking as the L0. Brilliant bike though.

Bike.jpg Bike 2.jpg

I hope the forum takes off.

Ray

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Hi Ray,

Welcome to the forum :)

My 1st 'big' bike after my RS125 was the ZX6R, they are nice bikes, but I think the GSX-R's are in a league of their own.

Fingers crossed with regards to the forum, we are getting a lot of hits via Google now, I guess we just need more people to post so people want to stay and get involved.

Kingfixer

Feb 11, 2013
Hello & welcome i am new here also :D How does the Z1000SX feel, i have thought about getting one of those eventually.

ray

Oct 19, 2012
Doncaster
When you first get on the z1000sx it feels a bit top heavy especially compared to the GSXR. It is nowhere near as sharp in the bends as a 600 but the riding position is much more comfortable, being more upright with higher bars.

The biggest thing you notice though is the torque and the power of the 1000. Its geared quite low so accelerates ridiculously quick and from any speed in any gear but only just makes 150mph because of this. Its a good set up though because how many people will exceed 150mph. Makes sense to have it low down.

The other big difference is the way you ride it fast. The GSXR feels more exciting and fun but very buzzy, compared to the 1000 which is kind of grunty and muscular and in my opinion harder work on the bendy roads.

If you have the money then both types of bike are the ideal. If you can only afford one then it depends what you use them for. For fun blasts on the back roads or track days then the GSXR wins every time. For long journeys or with passenger then the 1000 can't be touched really. Don't get me wrong the 1000 isnt boring, but it just doesnt make you feel young again in my opinion. The GSXR definitely does. :D