GSXR k5 600 wont start due to alarm system

Joeeyireland

Jan 5, 2020
Lincolnshire
Hi guys I have a k5 600 and when I brought it, it came with an alarm which beeps once to disarm and twice when armed also when I turn the ignition on if the button is not pressed I can’t start the bike until I do so and it makes a noise like the fuel pump is priming.

today I went to turn it on and the alarm came on and the sound went really quiet, now when I turn it on and press the button I can’t start the bike and I don’t hear the priming noise.

I thought it was a dead battery so I’ve had it on charge tonight but still no luck. The check light is on aswell if that helps but if I don’t disarm it with the ignition on the light always came on

anybody have any ideas at all, I couldn’t tell you what the alarm is until tomorrow morning

Joeeyireland

Jan 5, 2020
Lincolnshire
So looking into this further we narrowed it down to the Meta Alarm Box’s battery is dying as the siren does not sound as Loud as it normally does. I am currently taking it out and putting the loom back to standard. Does anybody know any good budget alarm systems or trackers?

Joeeyireland

Jan 5, 2020
Lincolnshire
Hey,

Yeah It turns out there was a Hidden 15Amp Fuse that I did not see and has blown, also the internal battery is dying inside the Meta System 2 Box itself so instead of paying for a second hand one as I believe they hard to get hold of. I am going to remove it all from the wiring loom and replace either with a Tracker or another newer alarm system.

Reactions: GixxerGod