1999 SRAD fuelling problem

Jimmy Jazz

May 24, 2020
My FI light is flashing, yet no error codes show up using the paperclip trick in the connector under the seat. I have replaced all the coils, fitted new spark plugs, yet the light’s still flashing and the bike is running badly. It’s ok when ticking over, but riding it brings in misfires and the engine cutting out. I’m guessing maybe one or more injector is blocked, but any ideas or help much appreciated. Thanks.

Jimmy Jazz

May 24, 2020
I thought I would close this one off with my own answer, in case anyone else has the same issue. The air pressure sensor was an initial suspect, but after some further checking the throttle position sensor looked the most likely, and having been replaced the bike seems ok. Anyway - I’m not saying that’s always the cause, but thought an update may help people.

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
I thought I would close this one off with my own answer, in case anyone else has the same issue. The air pressure sensor was an initial suspect, but after some further checking the throttle position sensor looked the most likely, and having been replaced the bike seems ok. Anyway - I’m not saying that’s always the cause, but thought an update may help people.

thanks for following up.