06 and 07 gsxr 600 and 750 issues

bulldogmtx

Sep 5, 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
While talking to the guy at the local bike shop after finishing up some work he asked if I had changed my voltage regulator yet. I had no idea but apparently in about 80% of all the 06 and 07 600's and 750's the voltage regular over charges the battery and blows every light on the bike including the led display. I was wondering if any of you had heard of this or experienced it. I thought maybe he was just trying to get me to get some more work done but after a little looking on the internet I found a lot of people that had this problem and suzuki will not recall it so I might be doing this as a preventative measure soon.

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
I have heard of the Reg/Rec going as Suzuki placed it too close to the front radiator, thus causing it to overheat and fail. The only fix I am aware of is to move it to another location.

bulldogmtx

Sep 5, 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
The guy at the shop made it sound like it was just the ones suzuki is putting on the bikes? He said after replacing it with a different one that's not from suzuki then there's no longer a problem?
made it sound more like the actual part instead of the location...

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
I really only have experience with the older bikes but these were never a problem but it was mounted at the rear with good air flow, does this tell you something?

bulldogmtx

Sep 5, 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
he was making it sound like it was more of a problem with the actual part and not the placement, he said once you got the suzuki reg/rec out of there and put a different one in then the problem is gone and you don't have to worry about it.

FINGERBOB

Jul 25, 2014
Hi Newbee here Have just bought a k7 been told by last owner that V regulator has been changed twice before . Gone again And replacement was not Suzuki's own
Have thought of placing in other location.Did you find a fix for this problem cheers guys