Which double bubble?

Jez

Jan 17, 2017
Ok let's see if there really is anyone else here as well as Underdog or if it's just a figment of UD's imagination.

I attended my first track day on the SRAD yesterday and the first thing that became obvious is that the screen is utter rubbish at protecting my head from the wind. Therefore I want a double bubble screen - definitely before next track day. I have looked at Jesters, Demon Tweeks, MRA and Skidmarx.

The MRA boasts a bubble of between 3 and 5cm. Really? Is it worth bothering? I want a decent bubble to protect me. So which screen is best and where from?

(answers within the next week would be appreciated as I need to order, receive and fit before next track day).

Thanks and hugs to all.

Edit:

I have a standard shaped blue screen I would consider swapping for a light smoked double bubble.

Last edited:

Jez

Jan 17, 2017
Oh dear. In nearly a week 24 views and the only reply is from Underdog. On a cursory (non scientific) glance the average view:response ratio for threads here seems to be about 200:1. I realise the SRAD is an old bike now but I know there is a solid fan base - just not here I guess :(. UD is right - lots of lookers but few actual participants.

Full marks to Underdog for staying loyal (I wish there was a beer emoji).

Last edited:

Underdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oct 24, 2016
I see your point but those who do post provide the information for those who are quiet :)

Anyways, Yes the MRA makes the difference. I run one on Charlie and I stand 6'4 so that extra couple of inch makes a difference

Jez

Jan 17, 2017
Ah, this changes things. I am glad you like your MRA. I think I will get one from Jesters Trick Bits. I have to do something as the buffeting is unbearable above 70. Their screen looks straighter than others so might be even higher. I will get a light smoke so the GoPro can see through like on my Fazer.

Perhaps there is an issue of quality over quantity here. The only person to have answered any of my posts is Underdog with friendliness and good info on each occasion. Can't believe no-one else has an opinion on screens, paddock stands or brake discs though. Thanks, UD ;)

Jez

Jan 17, 2017
I have ended up with a Powerbronze which I am happy with. A good improvement. I quick word of advice is to get new well nuts. Don't bother trying to rescue old ones.

As the Powerbronze is only about an inch and a half taller than stock and it makes a real difference then I guess they are all much of a muchness, unless you can find one which is significantly taller (and I don't mean a touring screen).