Tax

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Just had to tax the bike and did it online. Obviously its gone up again:mad: This though is not my main beef with road tax.
Road tax is traceable by electronic means along with MOT and insurance. I just proved this by taxing online as DVLA carried out various checks before accepting the application, and all done in a fraction of a second. So if this is the case then for gods sake why is it an offense to NOT display the round bit of paper on you bike/car.

It seems to me that the system is well and truly in the 21st century but they left one little bit of it in the 1950s.
just a bit of a rant,sorry.

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Just another way of getting more money out of you! I never used to display mine on purpose but keep it under the pillion seat as the thieving scrotes around here will have it off if your not careful.

Can't be any other logical reason for it, that and your annoying neighbours would no longer be able to shop you if it wasn't valid or over due by a day.

Bomb

May 15, 2013
There is a petition to get free tax for motorbikes - not quite the same topic but maybe it would mean that you could replace any tax stolen easier.

Never had one stolen myself, any of you actually had it happen?

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
I lost one but it was close to renewal so i just retaxed. I have never thought about the procedure for replacement. How would that work?

Bomb

May 15, 2013
i think its just a nominal admin fee. but for bikes its often not worth it due to the low cost - My RS125 was £16.50 a year to tax.