Rough Castings Refinishing

Oscar280

Sep 5, 2016
Hi,

I've recently returned to the fold of GSX-R's, I bought a brand new SRAD in 97 and another in 98.

After searching for ages I have finally found a very low mileage (4200 at purchase) SRAD identical to my preferred 98 one. This bike though had been stored for 16 years, I quickly recomissioned it and took it to the Classic TT putting 800 miles on it in 5 days.

Anyway, due to how it had been stored, it has some discolouration on the rough casting of both the main frame and the swinging arm. The bike is very good indeed but I have decided to strip it anyway and build it back up to the best standard I can without going crazy.

I want to re-finish the rough castings to make them look factory fresh. I've used vapour blasting before which is superb but I know my guy won't do this with anything electrical nearby. I don't know much about dry media blasting, can anyone suggest something suitable or even an alternative?

Thanks in advance, I might start a SRAD re-build thread on here if anyone is interested, I've already ordered my brand new fuel tank for it and can't wait to get the whole bike back up to standard. :cool:

Douglas sea front 2016;

Last edited: