Newbie question

Orinoco74

Sep 22, 2016
Scarborough, England
I just picked up a 97 srad in black and silver and in mint condition. Quick question.... I don't have an owners manual so... does it have a fuel gauge to tell you when your fuel is running low? Or a warning light? If now, how many miles can I expect to go on a full tank?

Mulchie

Sep 24, 2016
I just picked up a 96 750 SRAD. There is a fuel warning light which flashes orange which can be off putting as the indicator is the same colour. The tank holds 4 imperial gallons but I haven't been able to completely fill it as it sits on an angle on the side stand at the pump. I've no idea what the reserve is and it is not mentioned in the Haynes manual (worth getting). I have been getting around 120 miles between fill ups. I generally fill up within 5-10 miles of the fuel warning light coming on.

Hope this helps

Oscar280

Sep 5, 2016
It will start by flashing amber should have around 30 miles (steady riding) before it goes to a solid light (no flashing) I think you have about 10 miles. When I had mine in 97 and another in 98 was always running to the light and never caught out.

Make sure you store it full over winter and with super-plus and not the usual junk that is filled with hydroscopic laden ethanol. ;)

Jez

Jan 17, 2017
According to the Owners' Manual the light starts to blink when there is approx 4 litres left and remains solid when there is 2.5 litres left.

Jez

Jan 17, 2017
hydroscopic

Hygroscopic is the ability of a chemical compound to absorb or adsorb water. A hydroscope is a device, similar to a telescope built for observing things underwater.

Just being picky........Sorry.