New guy here

mathom33

Aug 16, 2023
Hi. I just bought a 2012 GSXR 750 with 12300 miles on it.

Not my first bike. first was an April’s RST Futura, second was a 2010 ZX10r that I modified to the max my budget could afford (sold it 10 years ago), and now I have the 750.

de the bike from the dealer to my house with no issues. The next day I started her up and decided I wanted to go for a ride. As soon as I came to the stop sign, she stalled. I was able to restart her after a minute, and had to hold the throttle open to keep her running. thought maybe it was bad gas and the fuel injectors were gummed up from sitting on the showroom floor for so long. Started her up later that afternoon and let her get warm. Got to the same stop sign and she stalled again.

Took her back to the dealer and now they want to do a valve job and charge me $1100.

This bike is nothing like the ninja I had. But it’s also a smaller engine and the only aftermarket part on it is the exhaust. So I’m not expecting much. I also don’t have a jacket and gloves to feel comfortable enough to open her up. I’m sure as soon as I get her back from the shop that’s the first thing I’ll be doing… Wish me luck!

• Sad
Reactions: Kanga

Kanga

Oct 8, 2022
Hi. I just bought a 2012 GSXR 750 with 12300 miles on it.

Not my first bike. first was an April’s RST Futura, second was a 2010 ZX10r that I modified to the max my budget could afford (sold it 10 years ago), and now I have the 750.

de the bike from the dealer to my house with no issues. The next day I started her up and decided I wanted to go for a ride. As soon as I came to the stop sign, she stalled. I was able to restart her after a minute, and had to hold the throttle open to keep her running. thought maybe it was bad gas and the fuel injectors were gummed up from sitting on the showroom floor for so long. Started her up later that afternoon and let her get warm. Got to the same stop sign and she stalled again.

Took her back to the dealer and now they want to do a valve job and charge me $1100.

This bike is nothing like the ninja I had. But it’s also a smaller engine and the only aftermarket part on it is the exhaust. So I’m not expecting much. I also don’t have a jacket and gloves to feel comfortable enough to open her up. I’m sure as soon as I get her back from the shop that’s the first thing I’ll be doing… Wish me luck!
I wouldn't trust that dealer m8. Very unlikely it would need a valve job at 12300 miles

rodd

Sep 9, 2023
im not sure but i think u have 30 days cooling off.. get money back if your getting fukaround with them

Reactions: Kanga