My Recent timeline upto GSXR

• Please use the Gallery at the top of the page to upload your photos and create albums. This section will soon be moved to the new Gallery.

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Just a few interesting pics of my recent bikes that led me to the GSXR.

Old Suzuki GSX1100F. Thats not me sat on it, thats the wife:D

ZX7R I rebuilt this as it was a shed when i got it. Not as nice to ride as the GSXR though.

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
A few more

I only have a video of this bike. The clown on it is not me but the previous owner who i bought it off. If i knew he was doing this i would have left it.

Those in the know will see that this was a GPZ900. I built this from bits. I put ZRX1100 forks and wheel on the front with ZRX clocks and at the rear
I fitted a ZZR1100 swingarm and wheel. Sadly it bent a con rod so is now in bits in the garage.

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
I had a ZX6R, how did you find the riding position of it? I think with the Ninja's you were lower down into the bike, the GSXR when I first sat on it felt like I was perched on top of it if you know what I mean?

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Yes i know what you mean. I have had this conversation before with various people. The Kawasaki seems to have a more aggressive riding position than the Suzuki.
Also from a personal point of view i am a bit on the big side, sort of 19 stone big which some people think is at odds with riding a middle weight sports bike but the "space hopper"
i have under my jumper played havoc with the Kawasaki tank but not so much on the suzuki.