My first GSXR SRAD 600

• Please use the Gallery at the top of the page to upload your photos and create albums. This section will soon be moved to the new Gallery.

astro2k

Jun 18, 2013
Scotland
photo (1).jpg

This is my first GSXR SRAD 600, fingers crossed I pass my MOD 2 tomorrow morning so I can get out on it..... its got a few faults I need to look at....

1. The stand switch is not working
2. I have no green neutral light on my clocks

I am sure I will find more

Alex

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
good luck

nice looking bike in the best colours
get the diagram from the workshop section as you will see the side stand switch/neutral light and clutch switch are all interlinked.

astro2k

Jun 18, 2013
Scotland
Well first things first, I failed my mod 2 after some old lady pulled out on me, the very last roundabout before the test centre .... I hit the breaks, swerved missed her by MM's.......
What do you think she did, drove away without a care in the world No idea what she had even done !
Because I stalled the bike in panic to avoid her cutting across my lane, it was deemed a fail due to poor control, not a happy bunny !

But lets not get me started on that one, been kicking myself since Friday !

On the plus side managed to repair all the sensor problems with my bike so happy days

1. The stand switch is not working......... faulty stand switch replaced and works perfect
2. I have no green neutral light on my clocks....... a blue wire under my tank in the main loom, had been rubbing on the frame, wee bit of soldering all sorted !

My insurance was £203 TPFT or £330 FC

I went for the fully comp

Trouble is I have to wait 10 days until I can reset my MOD 2 again, so my new date is Friday 12th July, See if the old lady in the red micra shows up...... this time god help her !

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Well first things first, I failed my mod 2 after some old lady pulled out on me, the very last roundabout before the test centre .... I hit the breaks, swerved missed her by MM's.......
What do you think she did, drove away without a care in the world No idea what she had even done !
Because I stalled the bike in panic to avoid her cutting across my lane, it was deemed a fail due to poor control, not a happy bunny !

The fact you avoided a collision really should count in your favour its just a shame the examiner looked at the end result ie. stalling rather than the quick thinking.
Try again, it took my eldest son three goes but he got there in the end. Keep us informed.

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Ahh noo!! That sucks! Like Ian says, don't give up!
Your insurance is really cheap on it, quite surprised to be honest.
If you see the micra again after your test a boot to the wing mirror will get even ;)

astro2k

Jun 18, 2013
Scotland
I was a big shame, but I will keep trying not given up that easy........as you sad Ian take as long as it takes....... it don't help Kirkcaldy is a roundabout city
Also I have only been there 5 times for my DAS

It would of helped if I new the roads, finding myself having to concentrate far more.... as well as my mirror , signal, shoulder, road positioning ect.... other idiots that don't even look for a bike.

As for insurance I got age on my side :)

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Ahh fair enough, I remember a good ten years back I got myself a ZX6, I was paying close to £2500 a year insurance on that, needless to say that had to go. On that note I'm 30 Next Wednesday :confused: Do I cry now or later lol

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Bloody hell:eek: i passed my bike test the year you were born. In those days the examiner was on foot believe it or not instead of tailing you on a bike with an intercom in your lid. In fact talking of times gone by, i have been a pillion on the back of my father when crash helmets were an option, obviously we dident own any helmets.

astro2k

Jun 18, 2013
Scotland
Its funny so saying that one of my work mates told me the same, when he did his test the examiner stood at the side of the road with clip board, half the time he was 3 or 4 streets away..............

How things change......... theory test, cbt, mod 1, mod 2 still they say its for the safety of the rider.......... not the money it all costs.
just doing my test cost just under £1000
my bike was £1350
protective clothes £600
insurance £330
These days its not cheap

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Yes thats right. The examiner would watch you going past a few times and see how you preformed at a junction. Then you would go the other way so your turns right would now be left.
The best bit was the emergency stop. When the examiner steps into the road with his clip board in the air, time to jump on the brales:D
My dad told me a story which to be fair is not really true in that the examiner stepped out in front of the wrong bike and got run over:rolleyes: and the guy taking his test is still riding round wondering when his test will be over.