Michelin

Fortress

Aug 28, 2015
Hi guys,

Just wanted to add my 2 pence worth really.
I've used Michelin tyres on my last 5 bikes, Bandit 12, TL1000R, ZX9R, ZX12R & Fazer 1000. I've had various different versions, Pilot Sport, Power, Power 2CT & most recently Road 3's.
Now here in the UK, Michelin's have the nick name of "Highsiders", which I think comes from the 80's or 90's when they weren't the best rubber to say the least.
But I'm not a bimbler in any sort of way & quite regularly do track days & found that the michelin's i've had have never let me down, they warm up very quickly and give plenty of grip and feel. The one & only down side to them I've found is the seem to have a grip cliff, not when cornering as such, but in the wear way, as in one day they will be perfect, the next day you'll seem to have no grip in the same conditrions & you know it's time for a new rear tyre. Admittedly I've found this is when you have less than legal limit of tread left anyway.

Well I'm sorry to have bored you guys, but I do like the michelins & all my m8's that have tried them have agreed me totally.

johnny

Aug 10, 2014
newcastle upon tyne
A couple of years ago i bought an r6 with a new set of pilot power 2ct's on, never used Michelins before but had heard good things, was only used to Bridgestones, anyway i used them on the road for a while but i noticed that they took ages to warm up! I then done a trackday at cadwell a few months after getting the bike, the tyres were still pretty new, i done 2 sessions and the front just went completely and i lowsided at hall bends, causing about 700quid worth of damage to the bike! I never had any confidence on them tyres again and probably won't use Michelins again. This is just my personal opinion though and i'm sure plenty of other people will like them. I really like bridgestones, namely the bt016 pro's and i am now using s20 evo's. I have just done a trackday at cadwell (sat 29th august) and they are fantastic tyres, with both tyres i find they warm up rapidly, give good feedback and last quite a while. This is just my 2 pence worth aswell.

B4bertie

Mar 15, 2018
Northants England
Just picked up a 750 L1 with 2CT's fitted. Not sure about them just yet as only ridden on cold roads but I'll cautiously try them on track before I make a decision to change them.... I've lots of crash protectors fitted just in case.

Momos8

Jun 28, 2018
Iowa
I've always had good luck with pretty much all of the pilot power series. I have a lot of confidence in them especially while cornering. I think they are responsive and give good feedback as to when they are going to break loose. Most recently have been using 2ct and love them.

Kwakstak

Feb 2, 2020
Hi a ‘newbie’ here, having just changed from a 2016 RR to 2019 GsxR1000 ;). Anyone got any tyre thoughts on the Bridgestone S22’s