Lumpy performance when pushed

stormbate

Aug 17, 2017
Hi, I've bought a 1998 SRAD 600 track bike and the performance feels restricted when pushed. It's as if enough fuel isn't getting though and it's getting though in spurts giving a lumpy performance that tends not to go past 100mph. The jets and air filter have been changed by the previous owner who took it to a large tuning performance company. Has anyone else had this or could you point me in any other direction other than the fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel lines?
Thanks

stormbate

Aug 17, 2017
Update

A friend told me to try it with half the air intakes covered. A bit of duct tape and the problem eased massively. The tuning company with a rolling road has failed to get the air flow right!
/CODE]
Hi, I've bought a 1998 SRAD 600 track bike and the performance feels restricted when pushed. It's as if enough fuel isn't getting though and it's getting though in spurts giving a lumpy performance that tends not to go past 100mph. The jets and air filter have been changed by the previous owner who took it to a large tuning performance company. Has anyone else had this or could you point me in any other direction other than the fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel lines?
Thanks