Just sent for a Power Commander

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Hopefully this should sort the fluffy bottom end caused by the Yoshi pipe.

I will update when it comes

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
not huge gains but thats not the thinking behind it. from research BPH increase could be as little as 3 or 4 but its the rideability that
usually improves on the GSXR which has been upset be the addition of aftermarket go faster bits.
I may have a proper map done as there is a Dynojet dealer near me with the latest dyno.

Reactions: Kanga

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Well its fitted and working. I loaded just a map from Dynojet for the Yoshi pipe and set the acel. pump to increase fuel by 15% when opening the throttle
and it seems to have filled all the holes it had before.
i wouldent say its given me loads of power but that was never the intention. I may get a map built for it at the local Power Commander dealer if i can
spare £150 at some point.

Also at the same time i converted the wiring by junking the K1 loom and fitting a K3 loom which is a lot more streamlined ie. less components plugged into it.

Reactions: Kanga

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Also at the same time i converted the wiring by junking the K1 loom and fitting a K3 loom which is a lot more streamlined ie. less components plugged into it.

As you do LOL. Really wish I could do things like that, but then I'm in a different trade, so I'll stick to what I know - answering the phone to people "Is it plugged in? have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Glad it's doing what you want it to do though :-D

On the note of loom's I read somewhere that the K6 or K8 I can't remember which, but the reg / rec is located right next to the front radiator and is prone to getting very hot and failing, the only cure for it is to move it somewhere else.

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
On the note of loom's I read somewhere that the K6 or K8 I can't remember which, but the reg / rec is located right next to the front radiator and is prone to getting very hot and failing, the only cure for it is to move it somewhere else.
Yes i know what you mean. I think the original intention was for it to keep cool in the air stream but unfortunately the air stream is hot so wont cool the reg.
I had a SM610 husky and that had the reg mounted to the steering head and that worked.