Helloooo

Ollyb1989

Feb 14, 2014
hello, my names Olly i'm 24 and from the West Midlands. I'm new to the world of bikes but have always loved the GSXR, i currently haven't got a bike licence but hopefully this will change over the next year as i can go straight into my A class now i'm old enuff. I will be looking at buying a 600cc GSXR years from 2001 to 2007/8 when funds allow, if anyone could post some advice or if this is a good starting point it would be much appreciated. Cheers, Olly.

Daz B

Dec 17, 2013
Ipswich, Suffolk
Welcome to the forums.......you'll notice that people look at posts but rarely actually reply to them.......consider yourself very fortunate to have two replies so far!!! Regarding your question, I've not got a lot of experience with the 600 but your scope is very large (2001/2008) and the price you'll be looking to pay will reflect that. The newer the model you can stretch to then the better.

One thing I will tell you is that you need to check insurance costs before you even consider buying.....if you can then get your insurance NCD started by insuring something now (buy a cheap scooter even if it's a scrapper, as long as it's got a V5) so that when you come to buy a bigger bike then you've got at least 1 years NCD behind you.

Ollyb1989

Feb 14, 2014
haha ok mate, well thank you for the reply! insurance is pritty good on the ones i have checked, but yeah if i can that sounds like the way to do it. I'm a big fan of the K4 and K7 versions so those are the front runners atm.

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Hi Olly, welcome to the club, Agree 100% with what Daz B said with regards to insurance, that's the way I started by riding around on a 125 for a year to get some NCD behind me, it makes a massive difference.

600's are lovely bikes, I had an SRAD now L0, admittedly I fancy a 750 now, i think that's because my "middle age spread" is taking it's toll on the bike, it doesn't seem as quick as it did, either that or I have got used to it. But starting at on the 600 is an excellent choice.