Guintoli to spearhead Bennetts Suzuki British Superbike assault

SuzukiNews

Mar 7, 2013
Sylvain Guintoli will spearhead Suzuki and Hawk Racing’s assault on the 2017 British Superbike championship, with renowned insurance firm Bennetts renewing its association with Suzuki for a third consecutive season.
Announced today at Motorcycle Live, the 2014 World Superbike champion will return to the Suzuki fold to race the all-new GSX-R1000R, after riding for the Japanese manufacturer in the British championship in 2009, when injury curtailed his title challenge.
Guintoli joins reigning Superstock 1000 champion Taylor Mackenzie in the new-look Bennetts Suzuki team, with a third rider soon to be announced.
Sylvain Guintoli said, “I’m really happy to be back in British Superbikes. Even though it was short, I enjoyed my time in the series in 2009 with Suzuki. I had a really good start to the season on the GSX-R1000, with a win and three more podiums in four races, and I feel like I have unfinished business after that year. I’m now looking forward to working with Hawk and the Bennetts Suzuki team for 2017 and getting my first taste of the new GSX-R1000, and I’m sure we can fight at the front from the start.”
Hawk Racing’s Steve Hicken added, “Sylvain is a top rider and a great asset to the team and the championship. He’s proven his credentials on the world stage with a world title, and also on the British circuits too. We’re extremely confident that in Sylvain and the new GSX-R1000R we’ve got a package that can compete at the very front of races and challenge for the championship.”

More...