GSXR750 Idle speed over reving

davec1255

Mar 4, 2014
Hi Everybody, hope you can help me.
I have just replaced my ECU with a second hand one from Ebay. When I now start the bike it will rev to about 4K with no throttle. I have tried the old one and it still revs to about 3K.
I changed the ECU as the bike would not pull above 4k and having checked and cleaned the plugs, air filter, injectors with no success I changed the ECU which seams to have done the trick. I now have this problem of very high reving. I have checked the route of the throttle and the choke cables but they seem fine. I checked the tick over adjustment and there is a gap between it and the throttle.
Any ideas how to reduce this tickover back down to the normal range??

jls

Apr 6, 2014
Hi Everybody, hope you can help me.
I have just replaced my ECU with a second hand one from Ebay. When I now start the bike it will rev to about 4K with no throttle. I have tried the old one and it still revs to about 3K.
I changed the ECU as the bike would not pull above 4k and having checked and cleaned the plugs, air filter, injectors with no success I changed the ECU which seams to have done the trick. I now have this problem of very high reving. I have checked the route of the throttle and the choke cables but they seem fine. I checked the tick over adjustment and there is a gap between it and the throttle.
Any ideas how to reduce this tickover back down to the normal range??

I know this is an old post so you might well have sorted it by now but have you checked the tension of the throttle cables? I'd guess the opening cable has been wound on too tight.