gsxr 400 (gk71f) SPARES????

william1990

May 17, 2013
Scotland, Irvine, North Ayrshire
Hi people im new to the site i have recently purchased a 400 gsxr 1987 (GK71F) and already i have problems i have got a leaking petrol tank which has been atempted to be fixed with copper braizing by previous owner :confused:. the leak is a small one but enough to drip i am wondering if anyone knows of any spare tanks for sale and also the best place for spares

Thanks

william

william1990

May 17, 2013
Scotland, Irvine, North Ayrshire
gsxr.jpg picture of my bike

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Dont know of any spares stash for these i am afraid.
As for your leaky tank. Braizing is a good fix if its done correctly. Have a look for a local engineering shop who are willing to take it on. A pro. welder should sort it quite easily.

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Something bothers me about the thought of a welder near a petrol tank, definitely something I wouldn't attempt to do myself, my welding looks like bird shit at the best of times

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Something bothers me about the thought of a welder near a petrol tank, definitely something I wouldn't attempt to do myself, my welding looks like bird shit at the best of times
For a job like this it would be better to let a coded welder do it ie. someone who does it for a living. As for welding a tank thats not an issue as you just vent them with compressed air for a while till the vapours are gone.