great roads in the Adelaide hills

teamlofty

Oct 21, 2017
South Australia
Hi fellow Aussies. Are there any other Aussie gixxer riders that know of this site (remembering that it seems very uncool to reply to a post on this site) Maybe just leave an empty box to show you are there. Ha ha. I have just brought the last of the yellow and black 750 in Oz and now have a Yoshi on it. I have been riding my vtx 1300 cruiser at a quick pace through the hills for the last coupla years and am enjoying scaring myself shitless on a sportsbike again.
:cool:

Reactions: Kanga

Engenia

Aug 28, 2018
Canberra
I've spent many a day in the Adelaide Hills on both two and four wheels. There's some really good roads. My favorite was The Bull Creek Rd.
I'm in the eastern states now, have been for many years, but on a recent return I was dismayed by your local authorities that appear to have gone mad. They have decided that modern vehicles aren't safe above 80 kph.

teamlofty

Oct 21, 2017
South Australia
I've spent many a day in the Adelaide Hills on both two and four wheels. There's some really good roads. My favorite was The Bull Creek Rd.
I'm in the eastern states now, have been for many years, but on a recent return I was dismayed by your local authorities that appear to have gone mad. They have decided that modern vehicles aren't safe above 80 kph.
Hey, hey, Another fan of the bull creek rd,good for you! I live at the bottom of gorge rd. The authorities have put 80km signs up all through the hills but if you take sickies and ride midweek there are not many wallet chasers around and fun can be had.

Reactions: Kanga

Kanga

Oct 8, 2022
Hi fellow Aussies. Are there any other Aussie gixxer riders that know of this site (remembering that it seems very uncool to reply to a post on this site) Maybe just leave an empty box to show you are there. Ha ha. I have just brought the last of the yellow and black 750 in Oz and now have a Yoshi on it. I have been riding my vtx 1300 cruiser at a quick pace through the hills for the last coupla years and am enjoying scaring myself shitless on a sportsbike again.
:cool:

Nice after owning after two super reliable SV650s and the going Aprilia RSV Mille for a while, I got a Gixxer 750. I am 6ft 2" and ancient so looking to work out how to adjust the rear sets down and put the seat up and later maybe some heli bars but she a great bike, Tight everywhere. I am in Sydney but one day will ride down your way. There must be loads of great roads down there. What's happening trackwise down there? In Sydney, they sold off Amaroo, then Oran Park , nearby Wakefield is under assault due to noise even though its in a country area and we are just down to Eastern Creek.