Geochaching

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
It's like treasure hunting, but you use your GPS device to locate the area then you search for the "cache" which is hidden. Usually it's a clip lock box but I found the one the other day disguised as a bolt on a gate, very well done. There are literally thousands of them all around the UK, hidden by members.

I made one out of a stick - drilled a hole out of one end, put a test tube in it for the log. Now i just need to hide it in the local woods.

Have a look at Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Never done it and cant imagine its my thing really but i know what it is.
A couple of years ago it was featured on TV. I think it must have been when it was just taking off.

srad98

Jun 17, 2014
Oxfordshire
read this thread the other week did minimal research told a mate and now evry chance we get off we go, stupidly addictive!!! there has to be a way we can make a thing of this on this forum!! any ideas??

Nocturnal Dog

Jun 28, 2014
Yea been once but only locally mainly seems a thing for kids but I guess that could change if you aim for some down in the middle of nowhere gonna be a bit more adventurous and find some a bit further out before I give up.

Lataanvain

Sep 21, 2018
Finland
My dad does a lot of it and I am grown very tired of it. Only reason I go to forest looking for something, is mushrooms.

Server Costs

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$30.00

Advertisment