Fuel Injection or Carbs?

jls

Apr 6, 2014
I'm looking to get an SRAD in the near future and have a few questions if any one would be so kind

1. What's the general consensus on which one is better when it comes to the SRAD, carbs or Fuel injection?

2. Are there any known weak points?

3. I'm expecting the suspension to be knackered, so any recommendations on who to go to for rebuilding?

GSXR916

Jan 3, 2014
Newbury
i guess you must be looking for a 750 SRAD as the 600SRAD's weren't fuel injected at all. (i think the 600 Y was FI in 2000) The 750 was FI 98 & 99. they are better than the earlier carb'd ones.

the yellow connector under the l/h air tube is notoriously troublesome as is the Reg/Rec (hardwire it in if it's not been done already)

i sent my suspension to Gavin @ RaceHQ and it came back sorted. K-Tech, MCT, Maxton etc will also do similar. phone round and get prices, if it's just a refresh they will all do a similar job.

jls

Apr 6, 2014
Thanks for that, it is indeed a '98 or '99 750 that I'm after. I had heard the FI could be a bit snatchy. Whats the symptoms if the yellow connector is playing up? Newbury? You ever pitch up at Popham?

Last edited:

GSXR916

Jan 3, 2014
Newbury
the yellow connecter can cause all manner of electrical issues. get it apart and squirt some ACF50 in it as that will stop the conectors corroding and hopefully stop any issues. My 750 had a power commander so never any issues with FI, can't comment on what they are like standard.
never been to Popham. don't ride on road much these days - just Track