Engine upgrade

Boabyd1

Apr 13, 2018
Central scotland
Hi im quite new on here so forgive me if this question has already been asked before. Im looking to swap the engine in my 600 srad for sumthing newer and fuel injected. Does anybody know what engine will fit in this frame with the minimum of hastle and fabrication. Idealy id like to go for a larger lump and what will i need to do this job?? I would apreciate any help and suggestions. Thanks.

jls

Apr 6, 2014
I dare say that this will no longer be relevant considering it's almost a year since you posted but for what it's worth. I believe both the 750 and 1000 engines can go in without too much trouble judging from posts I've seen on gixxer.com. That said are you really sure that's the way you want to go.? I'm a great believer in the old adage , "If you want a faster bike, buy a faster bike!" . I think most of us have gone through that stage where making major mods to a bike seems like the best option but invariably it turns out more expensive and often less effective than just buying the faster bike in the first place. On top of that you knacker the value and desirability of your current one and give yourself a whole host of insurance issues.

(Just to be clear here, I'm not talking minor changes like suspension and brakes more engine swaps and frame changes)

Reactions: GixxerGod