DIY paint job

• Please use the Gallery at the top of the page to upload your photos and create albums. This section will soon be moved to the new Gallery.

Kingfixer

Feb 11, 2013
Having recently got a GSXR 600 track bike which was entirely blue, i decided to spruce it up a bit and have repainted the fairings a bit, still a work in progress just need some Suzuki race decals (ordered) then some clear lacquer and im ready.

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Agreed! I wish I could paint things like that, it's something I have always wanted to master but never have :(

I had a stone chip on the bonnet of my Astra VXR, it looked horrendous as the undercoat is like a thick white primer, so I decided to try it myself with a touch up stick.... BIG mistake, it looked worse and ended up having the bonnet re sprayed as it looked that bad!

Job well done Kingfixer!

Kingfixer

Feb 11, 2013
Quick update, have put some 6mm black pinstripe round the edges to tidy things up and fitted the decals just need some lacquer on and away we go !!

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Mate that is the Mutts Nuts!! Bet you can't wait to get it out on the track!

Any room for some GSXROC.com Stickers on there ;-) LOL

Kingfixer

Feb 11, 2013
Holy shit mate:cool: Own up, you done this before. you must have done.

Honest never, on my kids lives. I have never owned a track bike before and i would never attempt to spray my road bikes, as they have all been virtually new amyway. I am pleased with it, its turned out better than i thought. What you cant see is though there are lot of little marks here and there and the paint isnt very good in areas just the pics don't show this up, but as its only for a track bike im not bothered.

Kingfixer

Feb 11, 2013
Luckily my fiance has her own place, so i can do what i like round mine, thanks for the comments guys i am pleased how its turned out. she will be getting a blast out at Brands in a couple of weeks.

Kingfixer

Feb 11, 2013
Unfortunately it doesn't look as good as this anymore, i had a slight off at Brands a few weeks ago. I had to invest in a fibreglass repair kit :(

Kingfixer

Feb 11, 2013
Snapped the fairing in a couple of places and completely buggered up the new paint job, but its now repaired and ready for Snett on Monday.

Kingfixer

Feb 11, 2013
Well after my off at Brands i didn't do anything to it for the rest of the year, apart from repairing the fairings so it was in a fit state for track days. Decided to spruce her up over the winter;

Painted semi gloss black
Poder coated the wheels
Decal set
new pads
new can
host of new SS bolts

Now she's ready for Almeria in April.

Great result for Eugene in WSBK !!!!!!