Dealer Closed

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Looks like the local suzuki dealer George Ward & Co has closed the doors for the last time. I phoned them to see if they had a oil filter in stock and was informed by the guy that they were in the process of closing the shop down so couldent sell me one even if they had one.
I have since been past and sure enough the shutters are down :eek:

Its sad really as many many years ago my dad bought his Triumph Tiger Cub from there new before the jap bikes took off in this country. In fact they tried to sell him
a Honda (model unknown) but at that time the usual response was "no i dont want that Japanese rubish" How things change eh. But i am heading to my half century and as long as i can remember its been a Suzuki dealer but alas no more.

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
Done a bit more research on this and for the historians among us the bike he bought was just like the one below, a Triumph Tiger cub (200cc)

And the Honda he was given the option of buying for the same price of £164 (both new bikes) was a Honda Benly 125

It was thought that there might be a problem getting spares for the Honda because this was 1963 a nobody kept anything for the Jap stuff.

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Done a bit more research on this and for the historians among us the bike he bought was just like the one below, a Triumph Tiger cub (200cc)

And the Honda he was given the option of buying for the same price of £164 (both new bikes) was a Honda Benly 125

It was thought that there might be a problem getting spares for the Honda because this was 1963 a nobody kept anything for the Jap stuff.

Ermmmmmm, where's the engine :p