Correct tyre size?

Austin

Aug 16, 2015
Hi all,

I have recently bought a 750 k3 and the rear tyre was on its last legs and I got a puncture so put a new one on, I had a 190/50 fitted as this was what was on it previously, and since reading a few threads I have no idea if this is the right size or not. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also, I think the speedo and odo are a bit optimistic, could this be caused by fitting the wrong tyre size? As I was behind a lorry earlier that was apparently doing 72mph.

johnny

Aug 10, 2014
newcastle upon tyne
I have just looked at the spec for k1-k3 gsxr750's and they should have a 180/55 on the rear. I don't think the tyre will have too much effect on the speedo readout (will slightly affect the handling/turn-in of the bike into corners) however your sprocket gearing may have been changed which will affect the speedo reading so I would check you have the correct size sprockets front and rear.

Austin

Aug 16, 2015
I will check that as I can't see a difference of 5 on the profile making a huge difference either. I think the chain and sprocket has about seen its life out so may try changing them and see if that helps. Thanks mate