Bridgestone Battlax BT-016

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting some of these for my L0, have any of you had any experience with them? Reading online they get very mixed reviews :-/

GG

paw42

Feb 28, 2013
These new Bridgestones are an all round sports tyre so should have a better grip than the normal BT-016, so if you are going to use them on the track then these are just fine.
If you are looking for more of a sports/touring tyre then stick with the BT-023, for street use only, then look at the BT-003.

Tarmac

Jan 31, 2014
Hemel Hempstead, UK
I think that the BT 016's were an OE fitment on the LO.
my K8 750 was fitted with them when I bought it new, the OE fitment is a different tyre to what you buy over the counter.
Suzuki fitted a single compound front tyre & a dual compound rear as OE,

The over the counter tyre is a dual compound front & a three compound rear, that may explain the mixed reviews,

my OE fitment lasted 2700 miles, the second set I purchased did 4000 as a pair.

~S~
Tarmac

johnny

Aug 10, 2014
newcastle upon tyne
I know this is an old post but i highly recommend these bridgestone tyres, especially the over the counter bt016 PRO version(as thats all i have used), more than enough grip for fast road riding and i done a trackday at cadwell park on my k6 600 and they were fantastic, they heat up very quick. Never tried them in the wet but apparently they are very good then also. I think intobikes.co.uk have them on special offer again at just under £170 a pair with a 180 rear. Definately the best sports tyres for that money!

phyzR

Aug 19, 2016
Had them on my previous 600 K9, did a good job, but didn't use them on the track or in rain. Now im testing Conti's. Probably going for the Bridgestone S21 or Metzeler's after that.
Cheers