99 750 Questions

Old son

Feb 11, 2018
Kent. UK
I cant edit the title but the bike is a 97, not 99 as per title.

I have just bought a 1997 750, the last of the carburettor models. Does this make it a SRAD?

The bike has been standing for 3 years or so and it runs a little lumpy. Can anybody recommend a cleaner I could add to the fuel to try and clean the carburettors through. This will save me having to take them off.

Also, it has small LED indicators on it and the bike came with a set of original with a flasher unit plus a small wiring harness, presumably to enable connection back into the original loom. Does anybody have an exploded view of the harness area that shows the route of the harness and the connection places?

These are probably really stupid questions but when you are new to a bike you have to learn somehow. I cant download the manual until my post count is up so I'll hopefully rely on you guys for the information.

Many thanks

Last edited:

jls

Apr 6, 2014
Yes it's an SRAD , Can't recommend a cleaner but wiring and cable routings are in the manual which you can download from this site, just click on the Service Manuals link at the top

Olly

Aug 26, 2018
Personally never found the carb cleaner additives to be much good, have found it best to to do it the old fashioned way and strip them down.

Lataanvain

Sep 21, 2018
Finland
Use ultrasonic cleaner on carburetors. Detonates all crap out of the carb body. Be carefull with what cleaners you use or you end up ruining the surface treatment.