Trackday Suspension Settings

CORONAGSXR

Jul 28, 2015
Hi All

Can anyone recommend front and rear suspension trackday suspension settings for a 2002 GSXR600K2 running standard suspension?

Regards
James

johnny

Aug 10, 2014
newcastle upon tyne
Suspension settings are different for everyone, aswell as taking into account the condition of the suspension. When were the forks last serviced etc? Best to get the suspension set for your weight, if your doing a trackday there should be a suspension expert there who might charge about £30 to do you a full setup. I have the same bike as yourself and I have just had the fork oil changed with new seals, makes a world of difference, I currently have my settings on the stiffer setting as per the gsxr workshop manual however the only difference between stiffer and normal is the compression damping setting on the front and rear is about 1/4 turn stiffer. I am doing cadwell on 29th august and I am happy with my settings for now but if on the day I feel they are holding me back then I will be getting a setup done off the suspension bloke.

Last edited:

azz2693

Aug 31, 2015
Boston
Is there a suspension guy at the Cadwell Park track? When I was there for my first track day on a different bike I don't remember seeing one? :S

And did you enjoy the track day on the 29th?

I've just bought myself a K3 600 for the track and will be riding Cadwell Park again as its not too far away, if the suspension guy there I will definitely be getting him to set mine up.

johnny

Aug 10, 2014
newcastle upon tyne
Yes I did enjoy the trackday thank you it was mega! Weather was perfect allday. The trackday was an MCE insurance BSB trackday and there was suspension support there from 100% suspension, in the briefing they said it would be £50 for a suspension set-up to your weight, but if you wanted them to help you adjust it more throughout the day to get it perfect then there would be more to pay. I was happy with my suspension settings, as mentioned above all I did was increase the compression damping both ends about a 1/4 turn and dropped my tyre pressures to 32psi front and rear, never touched anything else allday and it was fantastic, only suffered abit brake fade but that's because I have standard sbs road pads in. There is usually a suspension/tyre support service there at all the trackdays, there has been the past 3 times I have been there.