Riding on the Coast of Maine!

Old GSXR Pilot

Apr 13, 2022
Hi All.

looks like it’s time to get this out of the way. I been riding since the early 70's and had my Motorcycle license before my car license. Started on dirt and then to an enduro then joined the service. Born in Maine and joined the service to see the world and and my first duty station was Portsmouth NH. So for the next 13.5 years almost every weekend I biked from the base back to mid Maine and back when ever the weather would allow. Next duty station was central Ca. so I packed my FJ1100 up and moved. Riding in the mountains and along the western coast was great for the next three years. When I got orders to Okinawa I sold the FJ and stoped riding. I took up flying to replace the feeling that riding gave me and never looked back.

Well two years ago I had a little medical event and had some internal plumbing reworked. Rather give all my saved up retirement cash I stoped flying. Last year my brother moved back home and talked me into going in on an FJ1200. He ended up buying it and fixed it up and told me to take it home and get it licensed and put it on the road so we could go riding. I kept putting it off, well he kept pestering me so I put it on the road. Well long story short, I put the plate on it and started it up and took it down the road....... and that's where my problem started! I now have two FJ1200s one is a parts bike the other is for riding. In the process of looking for a parts bike I picked up a K5 750 and then a k7 1000. I now have a small addiction.... Wife Not Happy! But I sure am.

Sorry for the long post. Common Spring time!!!!

Giminey

Site Donor
Dec 4, 2022
PNW
I grew up on the coast of Maine, too, and love the old twisties there. I’m a northwesterner now, and love cruising the mountains, but often long for those old cracked two lane twisties along that down eastern craggy coast.