No power to ignition button on K2

DonnyJ

Aug 14, 2022
Hi guys

Sorry my 1st post has to be a please help post but needs must.

I had a spill on my K2 3 days ago. Was only going at around 20mph at the time, and a car pulled out in front of me without warning, Hit brakes, bike snaked, threw me over the right side on the bike still holding onto her, then took me to the road.

The hit wasn't hard at all as the bike literally landed on me. The only part that touched the road was the right side handgrip area. This snapped off the brake lever.

When I turn the ignition on, everything lights up and sounds as it should. But when I press the ignition button, nothing happens, no clicking, nothing. Fuses (don't know what it's called) at he side of the ignition button seem all good, she ain't in gear, and kill switch isn't on, but no sound from pressing the button.

I'm not that mechanically minded, and do try by watching vids etc on repairs, and then giving them a go. But I don't know what to look for here.

Like I said, it really wasn't a hard landing, and everything was great until this happened. Can anyone help me out a little please?

Cheers

Old GSXR Pilot

Apr 13, 2022
Welcome! Have you downloaded a manual for your bike yet? Sounds like your tip-over switch is set.

Last edited:

TerryG

Aug 4, 2022
Hi guys

I had a spill on my K2 3 days ago. Was only going at around 20mph at the time, and a car pulled out in front of me without warning, Hit brakes, bike snaked, threw me over the right side on the bike still holding onto her, then took me to the road.

The hit wasn't hard at all as the bike literally landed on me. The only part that touched the road was the right side handgrip area. This snapped off the brake lever.

When I turn the ignition on, everything lights up and sounds as it should. But when I press the ignition button, nothing happens, no clicking, nothing. Fuses (don't know what it's called) at he side of the ignition button seem all good, she ain't in gear, and kill switch isn't on, but no sound from pressing the button.

I'm not that mechanically minded, and do try by watching vids etc on repairs, and then giving them a go. But I don't know what to look for here.

Like I said, it really wasn't a hard landing, and everything was great until this happened. Can anyone help me out a little please?

Cheers
It's not the side stand switch is it? If you fell that way and twisted the stand maybe the switch isn't operating properly. I'm not a mechanic so I may be way off with this, it was just a thought.
Best of luck whatever it is.
TerryG

TerryG

Aug 4, 2022
Hi guys

Cheers
Just a thought from a non-mechanic. Could it be the side stand switch? If you caught the stand on the way down maybe it's not operating properly.
TerryG