New Srad owner

Mozzman

Aug 1, 2018
Glastonbury
Hi all, decided at the age of 33 i wanted something for me as spent the last 10 years dedicating everything i could to the missus and kids, oh and a pushy best mate so ive gone and done it, passed CBT theorey and mod1 and have mod2 next week, i had my heart set on a GSX1400 as im quite a lump at 6ft4 and 18.5 stone i wasnt keen on a sportsbike.... after talking to my mum, her husband who is a millionaire and collects cars and bikes but never actually uses them (he has the actual 2004 hayabusa that jennifer lopez was on with Beyonce in a pepsi max advert, 124 miles from new) decided a nice Gesture was to give me his SRAD 600 97, i felt rude saying no as had my heart set on the 1400 so last week i went up and in his dining room covered by a blanket was this 600 srad in factory fresh condition bar a tiny chip on the chain guard, i was in total shock at how clean it was so i loaded it into my van and took it to my workshop, unfortunately hes no mechanical experience at all, and i soon discovered the fuel was off badly, tank was full of internal rust and carbs were the worst ive seen, acid sorted the tank rust, and a new fuel pump , stripped and ultra sonic cleaned the carbs and serviced the old girl, had a ride and totally fell in love, ok the riding position plays havoc with my sciatica but il live.... so this old girl says it was an import in 97, odometer is in km and works out at 13k, dry and ambient stored since 2007 bar a occasional mot up to 2011 and less than 1000km between 07 and 11, its in for mot today so hopefully it goes through, il use it for a few months and enjoy it then it will be prepped for dry storage in the hope it may be worth something one day.... the excitement of actually getting it out on the road is looming. Cant wait. Anyone know much about the import thing ?
Thanks Tom

Attachments

• IMG-20180725-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20180725-WA0004.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 161