New bike tweaking (new parts)

kawininjazx

Feb 28, 2018
Hello all.

I recently purchased a 2008 GSX R600 (K8) . Ill be installing a new clutch (OEM), PCV, 2 bros M-2 full system, and some cosmetic items. Ill be checking in on this and other threads on the forum for activity. I have never done a write up on a build despite being a member on several forums, but am considering it now. If anyone has any suggestions or questions please let me know. I might need help with some of it, will find out soon since my parts have started arriving!

Pics coming of bike and possible build and/or parts pics!

kawininjazx

Feb 28, 2018
so i have found a few instances with people having this same noob question on the internet, but never any answers. I have changed the clutch in a dirt bike with no problems, this time though i have a question. My OEM clutch kit came with a clutch driven plate (steel) with a different part number than the rest, and 2 clutch drive plates (fiber) with unique part numbers. I know the larger inner diameter plate goes in first, but i cant find an answer to where the other unique drive plate or driven plate goes. any answers or pointers to a resource? the service manual assumes you know these basic concepts and my plan if i do not find any help is to try to compare to the old plates as they come out of the bike. and my only guess is that the different drive plate (not the first one with a larger inner diameter) goes on the outside (last)(just a guess) but i am still lost as to where to put the different driven plate (steel). anyone know? I would also like to find a more in-depth manual like the ones a shop uses to tell how many hours and every little detail of the jobs. if anyone knows the name of the manual i am looking for please let me know.

kawininjazx

Feb 28, 2018
Here she is, 2008 600 k8 with about 15k miles

IMG_0823.jpg