need help putting some wires away!

bulldogmtx

Sep 5, 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
I bought the low and high beam hid kit from gixxerboys.com for my 06 750 and don't have a lot of free time so I had a small bike shop install it for me. Everything looks bright and awesome like you'd expect except for the wires are kinda just sitting right by the dash/ steering. I just got braided stainless steel lines put on which made that area look amazing and now this goes and screws up the whole look not to mention gets in the way of the steering. Any ideas on where to put the wires so they're out of sight/the way would be greatly appreciated.

grumpygit

Aug 25, 2013
Leeds
Hi bulldogmtx

I too don't like things looking out of place.
You can try putting some black insulating tap around the wires so they look like part of the original wiring and then zip tie them to other parts of the wiring loom or to some other parts of the bike.
When I fit anything to a bike I spend more time deciding where to run things so they are out of sight than it takes to install them.
Hope this helps.

ian6pot

Super Moderator
Mar 6, 2013
Barnsley
These things come with cables that are usually only long enough just to do the job.
As been said blend them in.

bulldogmtx

Sep 5, 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
I figured you could tuck them up somewhere but I guess I can try running them with the existing wires, thanks guys. I'm just more disappointed that I took it to a shop where the guy should know the bike inside and out and he just put the wires all over the place and in plain view.

bulldogmtx

Sep 5, 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
Just got back from the bike shop, when I got the kit they never sent the instructions, so I emailed them back and they sent them over and now everything looks great, can't even see the wires. The guy at the shop just put the ballasts in the wrong place originally which gave him limited options on the rest of the wiring. Thanks again for the input guys