More low down power?? Novice

ianlen32

Oct 21, 2013
Hi folks

Im due for new chain and sprockets soon. I was thinking of -1 tooth on the front sprocket to give a bit more low down. I previously did this on my Bandit and worked a treat :grin: I also didn't need to change the length of the chain which was handy.
So I am after a kit (cheap as possible) to do it all but not really sure where from.???

Also will I need any sort of tuning done after this mod?

Cheers

jayboy

Oct 15, 2013
KENT
Plenty of suppliers on ebay, Busters always come up trumps for price. Personally, I went UP a tooth, which was back to standard on my 1000, it was just too revvy and not really necessary for the road, she has plenty of go as it is plus the speedo was a joke.
I guess if you do trackdays you might want the extra thrust out of slow corners but for the road, I like the standard gearing.
A mate had a 750 which had -1T on the front and it felt good, livened her up well, so I guess the same would apply for a 600.

StuntFighters

I run -1 on the front and +3 on the rear, i decided i dont need to be able to do 185(ish) but do need to be able to clutch it up in 4th, which it does very well now and it also spins up easier on mid and exit of bends.

You shouldnt need to do any mods other than a speedo healer so your speedo reads right, not a biggy but some people like to know there speed.
I got my sprockets from Renthal.

ianlen32

Oct 21, 2013
Nice one cheers guys. I reckon I might hold fire for a bit on changing sprocket sizes and just give her a good rev for now. I do agree on not needing top speed. Just want to accelerate quickly.

Thanks for the advice.