Looking for advice

wannaridenow30

Nov 29, 2015
Hi all I am honestly contemplating buying a k5-k6 gixxer 1000 yes technically it will be my very first real bike but I have rode both an 07 gixxer 750 (once) and frequently take my father's 07 boulevard m109r out for Sunday cruises and feel very comfortable on it now I am just looking for any input and stuff of that nature on what I should do I just want a bike that I can grow into and won't want to upgrade after one season of riding I have also rode a 99 Katana 750 and have somewhat pushed that bike what should I do??

wannaridenow30

Nov 29, 2015
NVM! I'll be the level headed one individual who will stay clear of a litre supersport bike until I get some more experience I have already answered my own question from reading other forums this topic seems to be one that has been covered countless times over about getting a litre classed supersport bike for a first real bike sounds deadly if your not carefull

I know of two different guys one guy I don't know his past bike experience before the purchase of his 06 k6 gixxer 600 but ya long story short with in 2 months he crashed and got really messed up

And the second guy was a real hot head and bought a 07 k7 gixxer 750 for his first bike experience ever and with that being said I don't have to tell everyone here that he went down too so now I'm looking at a sv 1000 for my first real bike I know this is a gixxer site but does anyone have anything at all to say about the sv 1000 anything along the lines of how comfortable they are durability etc any help is greatly appreciated thank's in advance