K5 600 advice wanted

Bay Rider

Oct 27, 2015
Just joined and got a test ride on a K5 600 in very good condition (12.5k miles ) at a Suzuki main dealer tomorrow. Any pointers what to look for and ask? What might come up mechanically in the next few thousand miles? It has standard can and seat cowl - cosmetically excellent. I've owned new sports 600 and 675 before but really like the basic K5. I will not race it but use the rev range 'ceatively' on the road. I notice the clutch lever is quite stiff - normal I believe. I will put on a new can for some dbs! Any pointers on suspension or mechanical wear and tear much appreciated. I think I'm as excited about riding this baby as I was my Daytona 2014 and L2 600. Thanks in anticipation for any input.

Last edited:

johnny

Aug 10, 2014
newcastle upon tyne
If its coming from a Suzuki dealer it should be solid, should come properly serviced aswell, make sure it has had the recall done on the front brake master cylinder. I had a k4 600 and never had any bother from it.

blueL1R750

Nov 22, 2015
Just work out the price, the K5 value may worth $4,000 to $5,000 CDN. And you might have to do the clutch adjustment follow by the service manual, which involve to open the small hole on crank case, just read the manual, everything will be explained.