k3 600 cutting out issue!!!!

Tzar

Apr 4, 2015
The Shire
Hi all new here and new to gsxr I have had the bike for 2 weeks now and riding in wet weather back and to work .

My problem is my bike runs and starts gd but now and then when at slow speeds ( stopped at junction or just pulling away) the bike will cut out I pulled over and stopped.
Tried to start bike but would not turn over....

I reset clutch to neuteral ( bike was on kick stand at this point) pulled clutch level in but no fuel pump prime noise or turning over. Messed about turning key on / off Then putting in 1st gear and neuteral again etc but still no priming noise or engine turning over.

30 seconds latter bike started. Second time it happens bike cut out about 40 mph for a tenth of a second or so the cut out for 1second or so then started again with a Hugh back fire. The next junction it cut out again and would not start foe 30 seconds or so again.

The bike has a fuel end can and been remapped ( according to last owne) .

Sorry for the long winded post but thanks for looking.

P's no fault codes and tps is showing line at top of C.

Macsquirty

Apr 16, 2015
Basildon
Hi Tzar! I would start at the simple things first such as electrical connections, especially as you stated that a lot of your recent riding was in the rain and wet weather. If it was me I would be pulling the fairings off which is simple and quick and looking at all the connections first, and while your doing that it would be worth putting some silicon grease or something similar with waterproofing qualities in the connections which will save any issues later on. If you do this then pull the plugs apart where possible and have a good look at the connections for corrosion.
Good luck pal!

jd50i

Nov 13, 2015
Knoxville, Tn.
Definitely sounds like an electrical problem, either a loose connection, connection getting wet and causing a problem, or something in the ignition system heat failing. Since it sounds like all of the cylinders have quit firing, start checking what they have in common IE; kill switch, ignition switch, etc.