Help required please

srad98

Jun 17, 2014
Oxfordshire
Hi all, so I've been offered a k6 600,
She's had a top yoke made to convert her to have risers and a straight rental bars on,
I'm just wondering if ro put her back to normal is if all I would need is a set of clip-ons and a new yoke??
And possibly different length lines?
Or have I missed something here?
Is there something I'm not concidering?
Tia

Underdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oct 24, 2016
Without actually seeing the bike I can't 100% but I would of thought just the yoke, bars and lines would of been changed. As long as the rest, switches, brake res are all stock I'd say jump at it

srad98

Jun 17, 2014
Oxfordshire
Sorry should have been clearer, and on my useless phone can't upload pics,

No cutting to fairing has been done, and yes just, yoke,brake lines, and risers/bars, stuck in.
After a bit of digging I believe the clutch cable has not bee altered juat rerouted,
And I believe I may not even need to change the yoke, pretty sure but unconfirmed, believe I could just take of the risers, and rental bar, reroute clutch cable, and refit clip ons under the new yoke!!���� I think.

And possibly new brake lines, I'm guessing I'll have to replace the brake lines due to length, but wonder if I could temporary re route for the meanytime??
Thanks for the reply.

srad98

Jun 17, 2014
Oxfordshire
There's also seems to be sod all in the way of posts/Google search about going back to clip ons but a shed load of clip-ons to bars!! I didn't juat want to assume anything and get all muddled up!!

Underdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oct 24, 2016
As far as the brake lines go, they could be rerouted. The length is irrelevant as long as they are bled and hold the pressure they could be wrapped around the entire bike and as long as they aren't kinked and hold the pressure then they'll be fine. The clutch cable could be routed back to the original layout and if it's a case of unbolting the risers the top yoke may look odd with the holes left behind so if you wanted to tidy that up just get a yoke protector. I've got a GSXR one on Charlie(to be fair she came with it on), they don't look too bad and would look tidier than random holes in your yoke.