Hello Everyone!!

noggin

Jun 25, 2015
Hello everyone. My name is Neil I'm 56 and live in South Leicester. I've been a Suzuki owner for a year after purchasing a 2014 GSX650F. This bike was my re-introduction to biking after a 9 year gap. My previous bike was a Harley Sportster 1200 which looked and sounded great but was a horror to ride. Before that I've had a selection of Honda 750s and a Yahama 850.
I have a mate who's a total Suzuki nut. He builds and rebuilds Streetfighters and currently rides a custom 1260 7/11. When it came to me buying a bike Suzuki was the only way to go -I'd never hear the end of it if I bought a Kawasaki!! The bike I really wanted was the gsxr1000 but my mate said it'd be too powerful to start off with after a long break. So I used my sensible head and got the 650. The 650 has been great. I fitted a Yoshimura exhaust so it sounds ace and pops on the over-run! (i'm such a child sometimes!!)
Anyway, last week I decided it was time to go for the 1000. I've traded in the 650 and the gsxr1000 AL5 is ready for collection at lunchtime tomorrow!! I've gone for the black and grey colour scheme and it will be fitted with the Yoshimura exhaust. Unfortunately the exhaust hasn't arrived from Japan yet so it'll have that horrid big dustbin pipe tomorrow and the yoshi will be fitted in a week or so.
Look like a good forum here guys. Mind if I hang around?