GSXR1000 K8 Key Issues

Gixxerhunter

Sep 20, 2020
Hi All,

It's been a long time since I posted on a Suzuki forum.... So long that forums weren't around in the 80s.

However for the last 5 months I have been on the hunt for my dream bike.

A K8 1000... Eventually after viewing even later bikes and considering adding thousands to my budget I find a totally mint low mileage black K8. I mean.. Its perfect.

There are so issues to be sorted to make it the keep it forever machine I am looking for and me and the vendor are working these out.

The sticking point for me at the moment is that originally the bike was fitted with an after market remote Alarm and the traponder must have been transplanted or copied onto this alarm phob key. The after market alarm has been removed and now the bike runs as standard but with this transponder key being the only key... There is a second key but it won't start this otherwise perfect and I mean perfect dealer show room twin arrow pipes beautiful brute of a machine.

The vendor is telling me its not a problem, as the transponder can be copied.. But this is not what I wam reading elsewhere... Suzuki dealers may have a different story.. Maybe real or not....

Where are we with this what can I do peeps?

I can't pass on this mint collectors machine... Surely there must be a solution other than having just one working key or swapping the ECU barrel set etc?

Im sorry if this has been covered and I am doing the usual newbie thing...

Hopefully someone can point me to a solution. That doesn't involve actually the bikes value being a fraction of what it really is. Because there is one working key....

PS the red light flashes. And stops etc... When the non standard working transponder key is used....

Cheers guys. Hope this post is OK

GixxerGod

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 18, 2012
Milton Keynes
Hi!

Welcome to the club.

It should be able to be cloned / copied from the working one, i'd maybe drop in a call to your local Suzuki dealer/ customer support in your country to confirm, but I'm sure it will be okay.

Reactions: Gixxerhunter