gsxr 600 k1 race bike issue

rigsby

Apr 16, 2014
Hi
I have recently started racing a 600 k1, Since my last race I can hear a high pitched winning sound when the ignition is on. I have traced it to the throttle position servo/ sensors that are on the right hand side of the throttle bodys. The bike is fitted with a power commander 3 and a mtronics quick shifter module. Is this something to worry about is there a servo or sensor failure imminent? Also my last race bike was a cbr 400 which I rode total loss ignition and no fly wheel as this was the norm for this bike, so after buying the 600 I removed the stator so to run total loss. I bought a new lithium battery and fully charged it for my first practice at oulton , I pulled up on the 4th lap with a flat battery. For race 1 i used my fully charged lead acid battery it just managed 5 laps and engine cut out on the slow down lap with a flat battery. do the 600's use more power so require the stator to be left on or is there a drain on the battery causing it to discharge early, or maybe the two are related.

Any advice greatly received

thanks rigsby