GSXR-600 for commuting?

billiegomes

May 21, 2019
First a little bit of background. I am looking at upgrading my from my Hyosung GT250 to an SV650. I was waiting for the right deal to show up when I got an email from the California Superbike School saying uc browser shareit appvn they are upgrading their instructor bikes, and selling the old 2009 GSXR-600's with road and track fairing and 6500km on the clock for about the same price as a good condition, lowish mileage SV650s.

Since I would be using it primarily as my day to day commuter bike, and as a spare track bike if my Aprilia isn't running, I was wanting to know how good they are for commuting. I know it won't be as good as the SV650, but this is a really good deal and I can put up with a worse commuter for a better spare track bike. Also, are there any problems I should be aware of or common upgrades people make to make them more comfortable/practical?

I have ridden the Hyosung on the road for about a year and a half, and I ride my Aprilia RS250 and my dads Triumph Daytona 675 in the fast group on trackdays, so I would like to think I am reasonably prepared for a 600 sports bike.

Last edited: