Gsxr 1000 L7 no spark

Caskart

Site Supporter
Aug 27, 2021
Hi guys, new to this forum, I have a Gsxr 1000 L7 with no spark, I've down loaded the wiring diagram, my loom is different to the one listed, my coil 4 has a pink wire and black with a white trace. Has anyone seen this?

CelticHero

Jun 11, 2021
Before taking things apart, read the fault codes. If your battery is coming to the end of its life the low voltage at startup will cause havoc with the electronics. Make sure your battery is fit.

gsxrRob

Site Donor
Sep 29, 2021
Hi guys, new to this forum, I have a Gsxr 1000 L7 with no spark, I've down loaded the wiring diagram, my loom is different to the one listed, my coil 4 has a pink wire and black with a white trace. Has anyone seen this?
All 4 not getting spark? Did it just go bad all of a sudden? Might be the CKP / pickup coil behind the right side engine cover. If the bike starts and runs on 2 or 3 cylinders then it is not the pickup coil.

The connector is under the tank. Not sure if it is possible but maybe you connected it to the wrong one or it is not plugged in. I could have sworn they had a couple of similar male female ends in that location.