Gsxr 1000 k3

karl

Aug 21, 2018
Durham area
I have just purchased a gsxr 1000 k3, i have bought it as a none runner, the story is long so please bare with me, according to the chap i got it off, the alarm started to sound all the time, the only way to stop it going off was to disconnect the battery, he was give advice to remove the alarm, this is what he did and its never ran since, he has fitted LED lights to indicators and real lights[all in one] i have the alarm and the key fob, but alas i have no idea where the wires go, was wondering if any of you nice people can point me in the right direction, as the wiring has been chewed a bit when he removed the alarm, is there a way to get a spark to see if will run, i can send pictures through email if anyone wants to see the state of the wiring, it has "check" on clocks, tried to do the wire trick to see the codes but nothing happens, the black and white wire from the diagnostic port has been cut, but there is loads of black and white wires, seems to be a common earth, hope someone can help, cheers

Last edited:

karl

Aug 21, 2018
Durham area
I have removed the wiring harness today and i have stripped off the outer sheath, there is loads of joins in the wires, looks too many for just an alarm, i was wondering if anyone has done this before and can advise me if suzuki take wires from the harness and crimp extra wires to the ones already in the harness as most of the joints seem to go to standard parts on the bike

karl

Aug 21, 2018
Durham area
my gsxr.jpg this is a before picture on my gsxr 1000, will post some pictures after its finished, if i can ever get it started he he he

karl

Aug 21, 2018
Durham area
I'm overwhelmed with the support so far on this thread, well, i have ordered a wiring harness, should be here this week end, will let myself know how it goes when fitted

karl

Aug 21, 2018
Durham area
just had confirmation that the harness is on its way and should be here friday or saturday, ----, that's great news Karl mate, hope it works for you-----, so do i mate, if not i will continue until the fault is found and rectified, ----, look forward to reading your next post on the subject, ---- cheers, watch this space.

karl

Aug 21, 2018
Durham area
Well the harness came today, took about 30 mins to remove old one and fit replacement,------- well did it work.----Put it this way mate, I'm a happy bunny, ----great news then, ----yes it is thanks, bike is up and running now !!!!!!, ----Well done that man, ----cheers mate