CAT Removed

DeadlyAura

May 26, 2016
Hi, the previous owner removed the cat, I have it in the garage. When I bought it I asked if it brought the FI light on and he said no as he had 'crimped' a wire under the seat.
Today I removed the seat and think I found the wire he has done. Tbh it just looks like he's added a bit of wire onto the wiring loom to make it longer. I can't seem to post a pic I took of it.

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on it for me. The light doesn't display an error code, but I was hoping someone can explain it for me and also what I would need to do if I choose to put the cat back on the bike.

Appreciate any help, surely this isn't the only road going GSXR1000 k7 with the cat removed.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

ScoobyMike

Jul 24, 2016
Worthing
Not sure if its sorted now, but, has the lambda been removed? that would involved a loop placed in the plug under the seat, am not sure there is anything in the cat that requires any electrical monitoring.
If that Lambda has been removed, then replacing the cat will not affect it, as i think its pre cat ( I am thinking of the collector box underneath), you should be able to see it on the right hand side of the exhaust underneath.

HTH

M