Cam Chain Stuck? 2005 600

Breeze

Sep 23, 2024
Have an 05 600, I think my cam chain may be gummed up with some rtv black from installing the valve cover and putting the rtv black on the crescent moon spots on the gasket. I think some got down in there. I found some on a link at the bottom when you take off starter clutch. What should I do? Rip off the Valve Cover and get into the Cam Chain? Adjust or clean Cam Chain Guides? Is there a way to rotate it to break it free from what has it stuck? Should I loosen the Cam Chain tensioner and move the chain around? If I do move chain, does it need to be back in the same spot with the same links in same spot? Is it not the Cam Chain, and possibly the starter clutch? Then does starter clutch need to be in certain position? Mine has a marking like a knife scratch to show bottom of starter clutch, the grey grooved nub you put it in on has a spot with one big grey spot between grooves that you match up with the same sized larger groove on the starter clutch. I feel like it use to be straight bottom centered 6 oclock but now that bigger groove spot i line up is at about 8 o’clock. All I know I have the Oem starter and partzilla new starter and new solenoid plenty of new fuses through out. All gears turn in the opposite way. But the way the gears flow to turn it over, the starter or starters hit the gear and can turn them. It’s not the battery i have full charged new battery and new lithium battery’s and chargers. Starters spin hard. No covers are too tight on gears. When I trace the resistance or jam, all the gears spin or want to and it goes to the starter clutch.. the one in front right side cover in front of the cam chain that’s the one that’s like no hard as rock, it spins opposite direction fine, is it possible to put the one way bearings in wrong to jam it? So I Don’t know if it’s the cam chain or starter clutch and if either needs adjustment or just replaced.

Basically when i try to start the bike the solenoid hits once and starter hits the gear I can feel it with my right leg. At the same time as I’m pressing the button my power dims out and comes back. If I take out gears on right side and no cover , starter rips good and hard and now power dim. I’m gonna replace stator and rectifier, but it should still start with good full battery’s.

Sorry for the length just wanted to rule things out with out need of waiting for replies to get there. So I’m thinking Cam Chain or Starter Clutch? And what should I do? Or something else like just turn it over by hand to break the cam chain or whatever it is free?