Brake problem

dashmo

Sep 7, 2015
Hi,
I changed the brake discs and pads a while ago,I bought EBC.When I apply the front brake it stops o.k but the last few feet
before I actually stop there is a grinding.I took the bike to a local garage but they could not find anything wrong with it.
They rode the bike and agreed that there was grinding.I put my old discs on (one of them slightly damaged)and the grinding stopped.I had the EBC discs replaced but the new one's were exactly the same.Any information is much needed.

johnny

Aug 10, 2014
newcastle upon tyne
Are the new pads HH rated? I used to have EBC HH pads years ago on my r1 and it used to do that but I just lived with it, HH pads are harsh on discs and they might of just bedded into the old discs better but will take a while to bed into the new discs, or change the pads, I use sbs street excel and they good for the road.

dashmo

Sep 7, 2015
Thanks for the reply,yes the pads are HH ebc I'm glad it's not just me.I will change the pads and see what happens.Thanks again

gixxerbear

Feb 26, 2016
HH sintered pads have a high metallic content. I have them fitted to mine and they do make a noticable amount of noise

DeadlyAura

May 26, 2016
I had the same issue with HH pads, I also found them too aggressive. From what I believe the best pads you can get for the road are the standard OEM pads, but they are very expensive in comparison to other makes.