best method to clean rear suspension and linkage

gixxy

Jun 9, 2015
after most rides i like to due a quick wipe down of my k6 1000. i always have the toughest time with the area behind the motor where youve got the rear suspension and related linkages as well as that yellow coil over spring. i try to minimize any fairing removal unless absolutely necessary for maintenance. 12 years and many services the less action this stuff sees the better. ive been spraying this area with a solution of dish soap and water using an old spray wax bottle then letting it air dry. who might cue me in to something better?

teamlofty

Oct 21, 2017
South Australia
When cleaning my bikes I use a truckwash (your country will have a similar product under whatever name) that I buy from a cleaning wholesaler in a 4ltr size. Mix up in a pump pack pressure sprayer. Using a sprayer means you can get in to all those areas that you cant get to with a brush or rag. Allow to sit for several minutes then hose off with a high pressure hose. Dry off with a micro fibre cloth then apply a spray can polish (plexus, here in Australia) and voila! showroom clean.