Barn Find

Grumpyg

May 7, 2018
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and have joined as I could do with some advice.
This weekend I have just purchased a Gsxr 600 SRAD on a 1999 T plate which I have taken a bit of a risk with as it hasn’t been ridden in a while.... well 18 years to be exact lol. It was bought new by the previous owner and ridden for 6 months, after that it was put into a storage locker until I bought it. The bike has only got 902 miles on it from new which is backed up by the fact that it hasn’t been taxed since 1999 and its condition is very good. The dvla has confirmed this and also told me it has never been MOT’d either.
The fairings have come up like new after a clean and I still need to do the rest now, 18 years of dust will take some shifting.
The fuel tank is rusty inside which I believe can be sorted but my main concern is whether it will be worth me investing some funds to do the rest that is needed to get this back up and running? ?
Thoughts please
Regards

Boabyd1

Apr 13, 2018
Central scotland
Hi, i would think this bike would be worth spending a bit of cash on to get it back on the road. I saw it on ebay and thought about it myself but im in scotland and im sure it was down south. Hope this helps you make up your mind. Iv got a 99 srad 600 as a project too but having problems with it, unfortunately iv not had any answers to my posts. Good luck with your bike mate!!

Grumpyg

May 7, 2018
Thanks for your advice. Your right about replies, looking through this forum there seem to be of questions with lots of views but very limited replies.
Thx again

Lataanvain

Sep 21, 2018
Finland
I would give it a go. Cleaning the rust inside tank is easy with right acids and personally I would flush the engine to get rid of the old oil and make sure nothing is stuck.