ASV Levers

ChrisRyan

Jan 6, 2014
Ballymena, Northern Ireland
Hi all...

I recently purchased a 2010 GSXR 1000, :D it had many extras one of which was a great set of ASV levers.
when I went to the dealer to collect the bike it had the standard levers fitted and the ASV ones boxed up, the dealer told me he could not sell the bike with the levers fitted, as I number of incidents had occurred where the front bake had stuck on.

I have the ASV black short levers and the number imprinted on the brake is BRL11D.

Has anyone had any problems with these levers or heard a similar story?

I have emailed ASV and am still waiting for a response.

Thanks for reading guys, if nothing else it will spread the word about the possibility of faulty brake levers.

Regards Chris

GSXR916

Jan 3, 2014
Newbury
Hi,

all GSXR's since 2004 have been recalled because of a possible front m/c issue. maybe that could be the cause. Also there are a lot of fake levers out there which are not as good quality as the pukka ones.

if in doubt don't put them back on till you do find out for sure as you need to have confidence in your brakes.

ChrisRyan

Jan 6, 2014
Ballymena, Northern Ireland
Thanks SteveO

I am quite sure they are pukka, I have all the parts and serial numbers along with box from ASV, but I know that there are some good copies out there!

I will let you know once ive heard back from ASV.

M3D1C_Dan

Jan 7, 2014
West Yorkshire
Anyone had any experience with the ASV competition alternative PAZZO levers? I've seen a few people on various other sites comment on them being good.

Never heard of any spourious versions of the ASV levers around though. I would have thought the price tag would give them, away.
At around £80 per lever, unless 2nd hand from Evilbay, I'd be asking questions as to why, if I DID see any.

For those reading this who have spent the RRP on them, are ASV levers worth the money?

I've contemplated putting them on mine for a few years now but never been able to justify the money - then again I am from Yorkshire and we are renowned for being careful (tight) with our money.

jonty

Nov 24, 2013
Wigan
ive got asv leavers on my gsxr 1000 k8 ive just had the recall done on my bike and the dealer fitted the new m/c without fitting the old push rod that came with the asv leavers,this caused the front brakes to bind on,i had to trim the pushrod that came with the new m/c,just make sure you fit the correct pushrod that comes with the asv leavers